10 Important Seller Tips
If you are selling your San Antonio home and you want to ensure your home sells for as much as possible, and in the least amount of time as possible, there are a few things you should know.
In short, sellers who follow a set of simple rules are much more likely to sell their homes than those who ignore these important tips. Here is what you need to know if you are selling your San Antonio home:
1. Don’t assume the buyer will have the same taste as you. Your décor and sense of style may seem downright fantastic to you, but your buyers may not feel the same. It is because of this that you must “neutralize” your home to appeal to a wide array of buyers. You can do this by installing neutral carpeting, by painting the walls a warm, neutral beige, and by removing all of the wallpaper throughout the home. Buyers want to be able to imagine themselves in your home, and it’s very hard to do just that if your decorating style is everywhere they turn.
2. Unless you have a considerable amount of time and resources, use the services of a qualified real estate agent to sell your home. It may seem quite tempting to sell your home FSBO, and some sellers are quite successful at doing this. However, for the majority of sellers, it just makes more sense to sell their home using a qualified real estate agent. A realtor has the experience and education to sell your home quickly and for the best price. They are also invaluable when it comes to the negotiation process.
3. Make sure your home stands out from the competition. If you expect to sell your home, you must make it stand out from the crowd of other homes for sale. You can accomplish this by giving your home curb appeal, by updating the kitchen with new appliances or by offering a home warranty. If often doesn’t take much to allow your home stand out from the crowd, but it can have a big impact on the sale of your home.
4. Buyers want to see your home, not your belongings. There is one thing you must do before listing your home for sale, and that’s de-cluttering it. It is best to remove any excess furniture, as well as personal photographs, knick-knacks and other things that do little more than take the buyer’s attention away from your home.
5. Price your home according to what the market dictates, not what you think it is worth. We all think our home is worth more than others on the block, but we can’t expect to sell our home based on what we think it is worth. Your realtor will likely pull comparables from recent sales and come up with a listing price for your home, so pay close attention to this when deciding on the actual sales prices for your home.
6. Set your ego aside when selling your San Antonio home. If you get negative feedback from buyers, take the advice and use it to your advantage to changes things. If we let our egos get in the way we will simply sabotage our chances of selling our home.
7. A clean home sells. Period. Don’t show a dirty or messy home. Your buyers will notice. I guarantee you.
8. Don’t ignore the details. Taking care of the small details can make a big difference regarding how buyers perceive your home. In other words, a leaky faucet or a broken door knob may not seem like much to you, but it raises a red flag with buyers who wonder what else could be wrong with the house.
9. Remain flexible while your home is listed. You may be inconvenienced, but try to accommodate other agents who want to show your home. If you suck it up and accommodate your buyers, you won’t have to deal with the process for very long because your house will sell!
10. Don’t be offended when you receive a less-than-stellar offer; just submit a counter-offer. Don’t throw away an offer, as some buyers are simply trying to test the waters with you. Submit a counter-offer and keep the lines of communication open long enough to come to a successful sales price.