If there’s one thing we can all agree on is that today’s real estate market is decidedly more challenging. It is therefore all the more important that we find a qualified real estate agent to help sell our Alamo Heights homes.
If you are in the market to sell your Alamo Heights home, then it may be time to start searching for a real estate agent that can help make your idea a reality. How to Find a Real Estate Agent that’s Right for you:
- Begin by locating several real estate agents that have experience selling homes in Alamo Heights. Ask friends, family members and neighbors for referrals, or simply head out into your neighborhood and check out the local For Sale signs. If you see an agent’s name appear time and time again, chances are that he/she is quite familiar with selling homes in Alamo Heights.
- After you have assembled a small list of potential real estate agents, narrow your list down by interviewing each one. Some of the questions you may want to ask include: How long have you been in the real estate business? How many homes have you sold in the past year in Alamo Heights? What is your general approach to marketing properties? What is your standard commission? What is your educational and professional background?
- In addition to asking the agent about his/her education and qualifications, it is also important that you have an overall likability for him/her. Remember: regardless of how qualified an agent is if you don’t have a good rapport then the relationship probably won’t work.
- Remember that an agent’s commission is always negotiable, particularly if you also plan on using the agent as your buying agent.
- Keep an open line of communication with your agent at all times, and encourage him/her to do the same. In other words, a weekly update is always a bonus.